Welcome to the BERTIE Key Learning
There are three Key Learning modules to work through in the BERTIE Type 1 Diabetes Education Programme. These will help you to explore what type 1 diabetes means for your body, learn how to manage your diabetes in a way that suits you and your lifestyle, and understand what to do and how to cope when things go wrong.
Take a look at the three Key Learning modules below:
1: What is diabetes?
This first module looks at what diabetes is and why is must be managed effectively.
We recommend that you round off each module by taking the Assessment, so you can check what areas you're confident with and what you need to practise further.
If you would like to earn the BERTIE certificate you need to complete each of the three Key Learning modules. You can check your progress below. The certificate link will activate only once each module is completed.
Before you start we would like you to complete a short questionnaire. It looks at how you are currently feeling about your diabetes and the way that you manage it.
Ready to get started? Use the Start button below or the right-hand menu to begin your learning.
You can earn the BERTIE certificate by completing each module. When you have done so you can download your certificate! Follow your progress below:
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this site, are owned by the Royal Bournemouth Hospital. All moral rights and equivalent rights in the contents of this Website are hereby asserted.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:
- use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and non-commercial or personal use within your organisation only;
- any copies of these pages printed or saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
- no further copies, modifications, use or distribution of the material shall be made without the FRC's prior written permission;
- no documents or related graphics on this site are modified in any way;
- no graphics on this site are used separately from accompanying text; and
- all copies, however stored or reproduced, shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and this permission notice and disclaimer.
No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Royal Bournemouth Hospitalís prior written permission.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.